Monday, October 6, 2014

A Style Icon: Anna Karina (Alphaville)


Hello everyone! How are you today?
I thought I would do (yet another) style icon post today. I guess you could say I have been feeling especially inspired recently. One of my favorite films (of all time) is the 1965 film Alphaville directed by Jean-Luc Godard. It is absolutely gorgeous and interesting and essentially perfect. Every time I watch it, I am always reminded of how much I love Anna Karina. Not only is she a fantastic actress, but I feel drawn to every persona she plays in films. She is the epitome of an "it" girl.




All of the above are my four favorite photographs of her! They are all so absolutely gorgeous, and I can't help but feel incredibly inspired by her persona. 

All images are from google images

Me recreating the first image (hahaha)




Mod French 60s: Anna Karina 1




Modern 60s: Anna Karina 2




The first outfit is a more direct translation from Alphaville to real life; whereas, my second Karina-inspired outfit is much more adapted to what a modern, 60s outfit would look like with a pop of color. I love the interesting contrast between the B&W of the first and the largely-colorful second. 

Which do you prefer?

xx
Megan

1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan

    Love the outfits!! I would go myself with the white knee socks but I would pair them with saddle shoes instead of Mary Janes (more retro). The other outfit is really cute as well and have you considered wearing shoes like these in either light green or red? Here is a couple of links of the items you have that I found really cheap to buy
    http://www.buycostumes.com/p/21742/lace-ruffle-ankle-socks-white
    These knee socks are really comfy you don't even know you have them on!!
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/6-PAIR-OF-WOMENS-WHITE-KNEE-HIGH-TROUSER-NYLON-SOCKS-FREE-SHIPPING-/111480745802?pt=US_Womens_Socks&hash=item19f4c52f4a
    Here are the shoes
    http://www.payless.com/womens-canvas-bal-sneaker/52869.html?dwvar_52869_color=whiteeyelet#prefn1=gender&q=canvas&prefv1=Women&start=1

    Have a Great Day,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete