Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Thoughts on the Fashion Community//Other Ramblings


Hey guys! I feel like I haven't posted in ages. For once I was actually busy with friends! Who knew! I have friends!

Jokes aside, I've been grappling inwardly with this issue for a while, and I decided I want to put it on the forefront before I continue with my "career" in fashion and beauty etc etc etc

Basically, I don't like how things are run on YouTube within the fashion community, and I don't want someone following me and thinking that I'm someone I'm not. This portion of my life is not my only self, and really it's my best self put out there. I just want people to know that, I guess.

Anyway, I have a much more light-hearted post coming up soon! For now, here's a fun fact: when I was filming this video my cat assaulted me. It was not pretty. And I have footage of the whooooooooole thing. 


My shoulder still hurts :(
Megan
xx

1 comment:

  1. What a lovely video, thank you.

    I find that I am becoming disillusioned by the youtubers that I have been following. When they started they were fresh and original and used thrifted items for their outfits and whatever they had in their makeup bag to do their hair and makeup. They did DIY fashion and modified items. Now they are offering "sponsered" videos that style fashion clothing items that they get for free in exchange for showing them in their videos.

    I now see a loss of creativity and imagination in their styling. They are being fed the fashion trends by the marketers and are no longer setting anything new.

    Right now some of my favorites keep things simple and are not sponsored. They offer their own honesty and original fashion styling.

    I love watching thrift hauls because the act of purchasing and recycling fashion creates new trends. I am currently in the start up phase of my own vintage shop on zibbet and I hope to offer vintage fashion jewels that freethinkers will use to create their own fashion style. No this is not an advertisement for my shop. It isn't open yet, and I am not telling you its name.

    I have been following you for awhile and thought it was about time that I let you know that I am here, and thank you for your efforts.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete