This year has been absolutely wonderful! It has obviously been full of ups and downs, as does every year, but I learned a lot about myself and others around me. I wanted to compile a list of things that 2013 has taught me, and what I need to keep in mind going into the next year, and taking the first steps into my future.
1. A clean room always means a clean mind. Sometimes an organized closet and a made bed can be one of the most relaxing things in the world.
2. More plans does not always mean better. Staying home on a Friday night is completely okay.
3. People don't generally care about how you look or dress as much as you think they do. Mostly they like you for YOU.
4. People put a completely different front on online. Sometimes we're not all we make ourselves out to be.
5. Reading trumps QuizUp. Every time. Put the damn phone down.
6. Rewards come to people who actually try. You will not be rewarded for thinking you deserve it. Hard work pays off.
7. You can tell a lot about a person by the state of their nails.
8. Everyone online isn't having as much fun as you think. (Taken from Portlandia; realized this year)
9. Your material possessions do not define who you are.
10. Wishing to be/be like someone else never brings good. It makes you only dislike yourself.
11. Relish in your individuality, and let yourself change. Don't feel the need to freeze yourself in time.
12. Rap is not bad.
13. Having money saved up feels nice, blowing it on food brings regret.
14. Lattes are the perfect cure to loneliness, sadness, general-unhappiness, and a sore throat.
15. Life keeps moving on. Don't be afraid of change. But also relish in the current moment; observe it in all its beauty.
16. Catalogue everything. Take pictures of everything. Keep it down in a chest of memories.
17. Don't be afraid of trying new things.
18. More is not always better. Sometimes it's much better to live simply.
19. The smaller things add up in the end.
20. Most of all, love who you are. Love your friends. Love your life.