Saturday, July 27, 2013

A Style Icon: Francoise Hardy


I can easily say that Francoise Hardy has been one of the biggest influences on my personal style out of all of the people I draw inspiration from. Her style is so effortlessly put together, and she is easily one of the quintessential "it-girls" of the 60s.


I can't get over how perfect her sweater/skirt/high-waist pant combinations work so beautifully. The combination of it all is so simple but yet so sophisticated. I'm using the term "sophisticated" loosely--it's not that necessarily modern and kind of up-tight sophisticated, but the "let me be your friend because you have your shit together" sophisticated.


I can't talk about just her style, though. Her music has this ability to make you feel something, despite the possible language barrier. I've taken only three years of French, so I barely understand the majority of the lyrics. Despite this, I still feel that raw emotion coming from her music. Whether it's an upbeat song or an emotional ballad, her music just gives you this fulfilled feeling of ~feelings~

I created a couple outfits on my Polyvore account that I feel embodies the style and feeling of Francoise's style and music. I'll leave you with these, and a picture from a couple of months ago of me pretending to be her. ;)



Francoise Hardy 1


Jane Norman cropped camisole
$15 - janenorman.co.uk


Joie
$260 - theoutnet.com


American apparel
americanapparel.net


Brooch
wolfgangsvault.com


Pins brooch
hottopic.com


Francoise Hardy 2




Francoise Hardy 3


1 comment:

  1. Oh, I just adore Fran├žoise Hardy! I'm completely in love with her music, and she's definitely one of my main style icons. Also, the polyvore outfits you put together are simply perfect!

    ReplyDelete